Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Week #9

Thoughts

1. Assignment #2
Unlike the failure of assignment 1, our group got full mark in assignment 2.

- material
Claim 1.2 ~ Claim 1.3 are very challenging. Claim 1.2 and 1.3 seemed to be limit questions but actually they are more related to definition of absolute value.

- something about LaTeX
This time I format everything using LaTeX. Although I spent more time typing and searching for commands, it is worthy because it provide me a nice looking assignment and it's also a nice practice for LaTeX. And here are some tips I discovered and want to share to every body.

* I used \begin(equation*) with \begin(split) to format all my proof. And using & to align comments.


\begin(equation*)
\begin(split)
& \text{Assume} x \in\mathbb{N}... &
& \# \ \text{generic} & \\
& \indent \text{Then} ... &
& \# \ \text{comment here!} & \\
...
\end(split)
\end(equation*)


* And also & is very useful in multiply-line equations.


& f(x) & & = & & (line 1) &
& \# \ \text{comment} &\\
&&  & = & & (line 2) &
& \# \ \text{comment} &\\
...

No comments:

Post a Comment